Recently, a client asked me, “How do I know if it’s guidance or my ego telling me to do something?” This is a fabulous question.
🦉 Truly connecting with your guidance or intuition is a superpower, and like most things, it gets stronger with understanding and practice.
We all have access to our intuition, but not everyone uses it or even knows how to use it. Listening to your inner voice puts you in alignment with your true self. It’s that instant hit of knowing something to be true and not even knowing why. It’s that gut feeling that you need to do something, not knowing why, and then being so glad you listened. This inner voice is a friend that supports you and has your back. You need to give it the space to hear and receive its support.
Learning to listen to nudges and trusting my gut helps me to feel more connected in both my personal and professional lives. Guidance gives me laser beam FOCUS and CLARITY on what I need to do, and new IDEAS that my rational mind likely wouldn’t have considered.
My intuition also lets me know when something is off, to pause and pay attention, so I can move forward in alignment with my heart. I’ve learned the hard way that gathering data is essential, but ultimately I know that if it doesn’t feel good, I need to get quiet and listen to my inner GPS. 💜
In life, clarity is almost always preceded by questions and confusion. You don’t have answers in life, and then suddenly, you do. Yet, we all struggle sometimes with the guidance to find those answers. That can be challenging because our society is noisy and promotes us living disconnected lives where we look outside of ourselves for answers. 🐒 That’s where developing your intuition and inner guidance comes in.
The more you practice,
the more you learn to trust your inner guidance.
As you work to strengthen your intuition, you’ll find yourself feeling more connected, less stressed out, and ready to meet your day open-heartedly. You’ll also feel safer and more confident.
🌟Here are 5 ways to powerfully connect and align with your intuition:
- Connect with your heart. Pay attention to the things that light you up and that you love. 💗 You can energize yourself by feeling the joy of hanging out in nature, laughing with friends, meditating or snuggling in for some glorious alone time. This connection is essential to aligning with your intuition and inner guidance.
- Feel your feelings. You can tell if you’re connected to your intuition/inner guidance by the way you FEEL. If you are being guided to do something and the tone of your guidance is mean, attacking, and unkind, then you know it isn’t true guidance. When you are connected, true guidance may be sassy, irreverent and playful, but it will always be kind. 🥰 Listen to your feelings. Be honest with yourself as this deep listening will ultimately guide you to what’s next.
- Pay attention. When you have a feeling or sense that you need to do something… pay attention. Who knows? Recently, I was in a grocery store and was guided to a certain aisle to look for snow boots for my son. It was very odd, but I’ve long since learned to pay attention to my guidance. This grocery store randomly carries seasonal things and changes what they carry each week. There in the middle of the aisle was a size 12 pair of men’s snow boots with leather uppers.
🌈 You may think the guidance to do something is just plain silly, but as you learn to trust your impulses, life becomes even more fun and delightfully surprising.
- Check in with yourself. When you have a question, get quiet and ASK yourself what you need to do for your highest good. Then stop and listen. How it happens for you could be different. It could be a whisper or a blaring wake-up call. It could even be a simple knowing. This will take practice as you learn to trust the answer you get. It may not always be the answer you want to hear either. 🤔
At times, you may feel confused as your mind fights the clarity in your heart. Pay attention to sensations in your body. You may have a gut feeling of what you need to do, or you may know it in your heart. Keep asking yourself what it is that you need to know or do. Sometimes, you will need to hang out in the confusion before you get clarity. Learn to trust the process.
- Practice connecting with yourself on a consistent basis. Ask yourself questions and then listen. Ask questions like, “Which lane should I be in?” when you’re driving to work. Ask, “What food does my body want me to eat?” Then listen. Developing a practice to connect with your inner guidance may feel a lot like playing games, but the more you play the better you get.
✨ Developing and strengthening the connection with your intuition takes time and practice and is an investment in yourself.
Take a few deep breaths as you focus on breathing in love into every cell of your body. With each exhale, connect with the intention of letting go of any and all non-beneficial energies and pain in your life. The more you focus on love, the more it expands, bringing you inner peace and satisfaction, no matter what is going on around you.
Wow so very excited about this! Know of a class that’s been meeting over a year, hard to get into btw. This is Exceptionally perfect timing too. Thrilled to know about this. Ready to be on that more Thriving Train again. Thank you 😃